Family and Finance
Kenworthy’s Chambers provide representation and skilled advice in all aspects of financial and children matters throughout the family courts.
From Divorce Settlements to Child Custody Disputes Kenworthy’s tenacious approach and excellent client care will help you to secure the best possible client outcome.
Our established team of Family Law Barristers boast considerable experience in financial matters. We can advise on early settlement proposals, handle negotiations at Financial Dispute Resolution Hearings or fight for you at a final hearing.
“They are always able to assist and cover a variety of specialisms.”
"The client was pleased with the outcome and your approach to the case and has asked me to secure you for the final hearing."
Christine Sharp, Partner at Sharp Cross & Mann.
“Counsel are also amenable to offering an initial opinion in more complex or novel proceedings.”
“Sarah is an excellent Barrister, she was amazing and very quickly sorted everything out. We are extremely happy with the outcome of the hearing.”
Ms. W, Children Proceedings Client, instructed by HCB Solicitors
“They have provided a very responsive and efficient service with a wide range of Barristers able to assist at all levels of cases.”
"We would like to make you aware how pleased we were with Counsel in respect of both hearings and the prompt updates. We look forward to working with your chambers and Ms. Cook again in the near-future."
Partner, Drake & Case
Kenworthy’s Family Law Barristers act for spouses, parents, children, guardians, unmarried partners, intervenors, and local authorities.
Our Family Law team appears nationally in The Family Court, The Financial Proceedings Court, The Court of Appeal, The High Court, and The Supreme Court.
Kenworthy’s Family and Finance Barristers
Edmund Farrell, Paul Im Thurn, Sarah Johnson, Sarah Cook, Janet Cragg, Brett Wilson, and Carol Micah all accept Public Access work.
The Family Barristers at Kenworthy's Chambers are highly experienced and receive instructions across all areas of Family Law. Representing both applicants and respondents, throughout the UK, Kenworthy’s Family and Finance Team deal with the following types of Family Law cases:
- Adoption (Local Authorities, Parents and Children)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Arbitration (Children)
- Care proceedings
- Child Abduction and Transnational Jurisdiction
- Child Contact and Residence
- Child Support
- Children Law
- Civil Partnerships
- Cohabitation Disputes including TOLATA (Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996) Claims
- Court of Protection and Welfare Issues
- Deprivation of Liberty
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence Injunctions
- European Law
- Family Mediation
- Female Genital Mutilation Protection Orders
- Financial Remedy Proceedings on Divorce and Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Financial Disputes Between Cohabiting Couples
- Financial Provision for Families under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Human Rights
- Inheritance Act
- International Relocation
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Private Law Children Act
- Proceedings under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973
- Proceedings under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
- Property Disputes
- Public Law Children Act
- Recovery and Preservation of Assets
- Relationships and Finances
- Secure Accommodation
- Spousal Maintenance